Snow Safety Tips
Stay home. If you really don’t have to go out, don’t. Even if you can drive well in the snow, not everyone else can.
There is more snow coming our way! Please follow these helpful tips to stay safe:
- If you have to travel, please be careful when out and about as the roads may be slippery.
- Leave the plows extra room to help take care of our roads.
- Keep a few extra car lengths between you and other travelers just in case anyone needs to stop quickly
- Keep your gas tank at least 1/2 full to avoid freezing lines
- Drive slowly. Everything takes longer on snow-covered roads. Accelerating, stopping, turning – nothing happens as quickly as on dry pavement. Give yourself time to maneuver by driving slowly.
- AAA shares this tip if you are traveling long distances: Pack a cellular telephone with your local AAA’s telephone number, plus blankets, gloves, hats, food, water and any needed medication in your vehicle.
And as always, thank you to all of our emergency responders and utility workers who have to respond.
Please stay safe if you have to travel and as always, if you can, stay home.