Calling all Andover Businesses!
When it comes to your business, it is your pride and joy, something you put your blood, sweat and tears into.
Questions that run through your mind when disaster strikes, but are more helpful to think of before are:
- Do you have insurance
- Do you have an emergency plan in place? Does your staff know about it?
- Can you access your business records if they were destroyed?
Creating a business plan for disaster will help protect employees, shorten the amount of time you may have to be out of work, and possibly lessen the financial impact it will have on you.
- Identify critical business systems – how long can they be down and what is needed to keep everything functioning.
- Create an emergency communication plan with all those who have a stake in your business.
- Build a supply kit that will keep your business and employees safe should you be at work when disaster strikes
- Work with SERVPRO of The Andovers to build an Emergency Ready Profile. This will provide the information for all emergency personnel that need to be contacted when disaster strikes and when our Team arrives on site, it gives the knowledge of your building before we even step in the door. This provides efficient and faster service for you!
For more information on how to help prepare your business for disaster, please contact us at 978-475-1199 or SERVPRO of The Andovers.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of The Andovers today at 978-475-1199 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
When Summer Storms Strike - Call SERVPRO!
Summer weather can bring summer storms that can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is heavy rain or damaging winds it can cause serious property damage. While you can't control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared, and help take the sting out of weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions before weather hits.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and other problems that could cause serious injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your home to try and keep water out of the basement. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to a damming effect, causing roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard
- Inspect all hand rails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Stay safe if you get caught in the storm, make sure you are safe. If needed, pull over and ride out the storm.
- Keep SERVPRO of The Andover's phone number handy just in case the outside damage comes in.
When storm damage affects your home, call SERVPRO of The Andovers right away at 978-475-1199.
We are Cleaning and Disinfecting Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we at SERVPRO of Lawrence are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of The Andovers 978.475.1199
SERVPRO Doesn’t Mask Odors, We Eliminate Them!
Even a small fire can cause odors for years to come if the affected areas are not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire, smoke and soot damage in your home or business can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems.
As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the structure, leaving odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard to reach places. Unless fast, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents and may result in resurfacing odors.
SERVPRO of The Andovers can provide specialized services that rid your home or business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. Any restorable item in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized, including: furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring, walls, ceilings, HVAC air ducts, and more.
SERVPRO of The Andovers does not cover up lingering odors with a fragrance, they seek out and remove the sources of the odor. Ask your SERVPRO representative to explain the various deodorization methods available and which will work best for you.
If you or a customer suffer a fire damage or some other accident and require deodorization services please visit our website or contact SERVPRO of The Andovers at 978-475-1199. Whether it's fire, water or mold damage, or just a stubborn odor that refuses to go away, we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
When Water Becomes Mold
When there's a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, your SERVPRO® of The Andovers has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process.
Call 978-475-1199 for help with your mold remediation needs.
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of The Andovers. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
Inspection and Damage Assessment
Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view.
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO® technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
Heating safety Tips
There is something about the winter months and curling up with a good book by the fireplace. But did you know that heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home fire deaths? With a few simple safety tips and precautions you can prevent most heating fires from happening.
be warm and safe this winter!
• Keep anything that can burn at least three-feet (one metre) away from heating equipment, like the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or portable space heater.
• Have a three-foot (one metre) “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
• Never use your oven to heat your home.
• Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions.
• Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.
• Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
• Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel burning space heaters.
• Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
• Test smoke alarms at least once a month.
nfpa.org/education ©NFPA 2017
Call us Fast - Thank us Later!
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of The Andovers is so vital. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 978-475-9700 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the devastating effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of The Andovers is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Be Ready for Whatever Winter Brings
Winter time in and around Andover and North Andover can be very beautiful! It can also bring lots of weather hazards. Dressing in layers and taking steps to each your body properly fuel should ensure you can enjoy all that winter has to offer!
1. Wear layers - Many layers trap more heat in than just a big jacket alone
2. Hat and Gloves - Most of the body's heat loss occurs in these extremities so keep them covered.
3. Stay Dry - Water compounds any cold weather situation and dramatically speeds up heat loss. For example, wet feet loss heat 25 times faster than dry feet.
4. Take a break - take frequent, short breaks in a warm dry shelter to let your body heat up.
5. Feed! - Eating warm, high calorie foods will give your body the energy it needs to create body heat. Pasta, warm sugar water/sports drinks, etc.
Stay Safe and Warm!
Severe Weather Reminders to Keep you Safe!
No matter where you reside, at one point or another youll get hit with some severe weather. Most of the time these are routine and part of the yearly weather pattern, but some can create some serious and dangerous problems. Here are tips for preparing for storms, and weathering them safely.
- Always keep a battery-powered radio in your home so that you can tune to radio stations if you lose electricity. Check or change the batteries frequently.
- Keep a flashlight in an easily accessible spot on every floor of your home. Check the batteries monthly, and replace them as needed.
- As a safety precaution before leaving the house on vacation, unplug all electrical appliances except for those lights connected to automatic timers.
- If you live in a storm-prone area, nail down roof shingles or use adequate adhesive to keep them from blowing off in a violent wind. For roofs with shingles that are not the seal-down type, apply a little dab of roofing cement under each tab.
For more tips - visit https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/home-diy/projects/storm-safety-tips.htm