Surviving the Storm
Summer weather can bring summer storms that can have a huge impact on your home or business in the Merrimack Valley. Whether it is heavy rain or damaging winds it can cause serious property damage. While you can't control the weather, you can take steps to prepare your home in Andover or North Andover.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions before weather hits.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and other problems that could cause serious injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your home to try and keep water out of the basement. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to a damming effect, causing roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard
- Inspect all hand rails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Stay safe if you get caught in the storm, make sure you are safe. If needed, pull over and ride out the storm.
- Keep SERVPRO of The Andover's phone number handy just in case the outside damage comes in.
When storm damage affects your home, call SERVPRO of The Andovers right away at 978-475-1199.